LEAD YOURSELF, LEAD OTHERS: FOR AUDITORS, EXAMINERS, AND ANALYSTS
MASTER the prized attributes of highly effective leaders.
ENHANCE your role as a leader and improve the performance of your team.
LEARN a project management framework to successfully lead any program.
HONE your communication skills, both oral and written, and find new ways to help your team members reach their highest potential.
In these rapidly evolving times, ‘playing it safe’ is the new risky way to run an organization as an auditing leader. Technical teams, in both public and private organizations, that want to adapt and succeed in today’s economy, need to build effective leadership and teams that identify opportunities and execute ideas quickly, while operating efficiently and on limited resources. Failures are not only an option for you, but a normal part of any organizational structure. Therefore, your leaders and team members must re-bound, re-group and learn quickly to get to their ultimate success and goals.
The course will teach you how to thrive as a leader despite the many difficult circumstances that may be challenging your organization. We believe that leaders are ‘made’ not ‘born,’ so this course will teach you the skills to empower you to turn your big visions for the future into reality.
8 to 12 Hour Versions in Person
Online Live with Instructor
Detailed Course Content
Day 1 – Why Can’t We all Just Get Along? The 8 Essential Practices of Leaders
Day 1 focuses heavily on soft-skills development that all managers must master to maintain high performance for themselves and their teams. This mini-workshop is adapted from Ms. Frisch’s highly reviewed Defying Gravity Leadership Workshop and is also soon to be available as two books on leadership titled Change Yourself/Change Others and Lead Yourself/Lead Others.
- The Illusion of Management Control in the Modern Workplace
- Which direction do you and your team point? The Leadership Compass
- The 7 Baggages that Sink Managers (and everyone else) in Organizations
- No body Nobody
- It’s Your Fault (And that’s a good thing!)
- The Emotionally Resilient Manager
- The Power of Commitment
- Excellence Over Perfection – Making Peace with the “F” Word
- What, me worry?
- Swallow the Frog
- What you Speak You Create
Day 2 – Who’s in Charge Here? The Leader/Project Manager
Day 2 focuses on project management from both a Strategic and Tactical standpoint using our 10-Step Framework for Success. Topics covered in Day 2 include:
- The 10-Step Framework for Success
- Planning Memos
- Fraud Prevention
- Staffing Plans and Work papers (Standards and Review)
- Quality Control
- Introduction to Root Cause Analysis
Day 3 – What Did You Say? Critical Communication (Written/Verbal)
Day 3 focuses on the various modes of communication involved in managing a team and how the manager can ensure they and their team have mastered communication tools and techniques that work for internal communication within the team and external communication to clients and partners. Topics covered in Day 3 includes:
- Motivational Interviewing
- Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Conflict Resolution & Mediation
- Team Communication
- Team Performance (giving and receiving positive and negative feedback and appraisal of leader/team)
- Essential Strategies for Reporting Findings (Exit Interviews/Written Reports/Management Briefings)
Day 4 – So Now What? Tying it All Together (Leadership Skills Practice)
(OPTIONAL FACILITATED WORKDAY WITH INSTRUCTOR)
Day 4 is a half-day session where each person in the course will be the Leader, work with a team and work scenarios and real life situations where they will be expected to apply skills gained in the class. They will receive coaching from the trainer and peers to gain comfort and confidence in their roles.